Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bitches Brew - Dogfish Head

This review is coming a day later than normal because I felt I needed a full days rest, for two reasons, 1) Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday and 2) There was such a buildup for this beer I needed to make sure I was mentally prepared. I even debated not doing it, just saving this beer for a special occasion, lucky for you I decided to go ahead a give it a review.


Bitches Brew – Dogfish Head Brewery

This is a fusion of 3 parts Imperial Stout and 1 part African honey beer, it pours like a dark chocolate stout with a dark brown head. The scent is all full of roasted and chocolate malts. I usually like to stay away from high gravity beers as I don’t really care to taste the alcohol in my beers, there is now way I would have believed this beer came in at 9% ABV if it wasn’t right there on the label. It’s a very smooth and creamy stout with the sweetness from the honey hitting you so late, you have to take a second sip to make sure it wasn’t your imagination. If anyone saw the Discovery debut of Brewmasters on this beer, it is amazing that they nailed this beer on just the second try and in only about 5 weeks at that. Definitely one of the best beers I had the pleasure of reviewing on my journey. I can only think of 2 or 3 beers that I would rank equal to this one. It would also be in my most interesting category as well.

Not sure if you will have a chance to get one of these beers as it was a special brew, but if you see it, you must get one, or two, I really wish I had bought two. Well, cheers anyway beer friend!

FourBoysBrewPub!

No comments:

Post a Comment