Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lone Palm Ale - Margaritaville

Wow, my second post in a row were I had to take the picture with my cell phone, from a restaurant on the ocean, I doubt very seriously that I will ever be at two different beaches/oceans two weeks in a row. Last week I was on the coast of South Carolina in the Charleston area, this week I’m in the Gulf of Mexico in Panama City Beach. Granted I was working last week but still, pretty cool. So we go out to eat tonight at the Famous Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and I see on the beer list ‘Lone Palm Ale’, I inquire and find that it is a Margaritaville exclusive that they only sell at the restaurants, well that means one thing, I have to get it and the $6 souvenir glass right.


So, it comes to me in the tall 20oz glass with a nice head and a deep amber color, just begging to be consumed. Well first I must take a few pictures, make sure they look ok, then my two oldest want me to take their picture too, well ok, if I must. I took a few more pics after taking a few sips. The beer has a semi-sweet caramel smell but nothing very strong or overpowering. The taste is actually kind of dull at first but then you get the semi-sweet roasted caramel taste with some hops hiding faintly in the background, you almost have to concentrate on tasting them. Kinda of odd to see such a malty ale marketed as a summer beer but oh well, it was decent enough. Unfortunately like I said I ordered the 20oz size and spent too much time taking pictures and trying to determine the smell/taste and taking notes so it got a little warmer than I like. I know several people that actually like their ales to be a bit warmer than normal but not me, now I don’t like them as cold as I do lagers but I still like them cold, so maybe that is why I didn’t like it as much by the end as I did at the beginning.

Well, this is just Wednesday and I will have another summer craft beer coming up this Friday. I already have it, I have even had some of them, I just haven’t spent the time to right some notes and take some pictures. Cheers beer friend till this time Friday.

FourBoysBrewPub!

No comments:

Post a Comment