Friday, August 20, 2010

Levitation Ale - Stone Brewing Co

Well another week another beer, so here we go. I survived the 107F golf outing of last Saturday only because of lots and lots of liquids, mostly water with a little beer thrown in. I even came out $10 to the good, always nice when that happens. This week’s entry into the beer blog is from one of my favorite breweries, not only do they have really good beer, they also give you a good long description and story of the beer you are consuming on the back of the bottle. Now, I always try to have no real knowledge of the beer before I review it, so, even though there is a description and story there, I will wait till I finish the beer to read it.

Stone Levitation Ale – Stone Brewing Co.

As you can see, it pours a deep burnt orange/brownish color with a massive head. The scent is all over the place with smells and I even get a little peppery burn in my nose. Interestingly enough though, the taste is not as nearly as complex as the smell is, very smooth at the beginning but you are then hit with the spicy pepper that you get when smelling the beer. Some burnt malts mixing very nice with the bitterness of the hops. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this beer, being called ‘Levitation’ Ale and all, but it is a very complex, yet smooth beer very easy to enjoy. I am also very impressed with the head on this beer, it has been at least 20 minutes since I poured this beer and it still has a very nice creamy head. Most good beers will create this thick of a head at the initial pour but it never last this long. The more I drink it the easier it is to drink, the true sign of a good beer.

So, once again I ask that you try and stay cool, enjoy the weekend and definitely relax with a nice cold one beer friend. Cheers!

FourBoysBrewPub!

No comments:

Post a Comment