Friday, July 30, 2010

Juju Ginger - Left Hand Brewing Co

Wow, is it hot or what? Saw a bank sign today that it was 103 and it felt every bit of it. I had hopes of getting some draft beer to go today as I stopped by the awesome Total Wine & More, yep that’s right; they sell draft beer to go. No you can’t get it in a cup to go but they do sell it in gallon jugs, or growlers that they seal up so you’re not driving around with an open container. Nothing really caught my eye but I picked this up instead, totally stoked about this as it is one of if not the best summer beer I have ever had.



Now, as far as today's beer, I’ve had this one for a while and really been scared to try it. I’ve heard really good things about the brewery but something was just scaring me. Left Hand Brewing Company and their Juju Ginger-Ale brewed with ginger, if you’re like me your thinking, isn’t this the ‘real’ ginger ale than?
It pours like a standard ale, amber-orange color with a smaller than normal head. Lots of ginger in the scent, not really favoring the soft drink version more of the ginger you get with sushi. Don’t really pick up anything else though. The taste reminds you a little of the soft drink but with a beer flavor to it. Not sure I would/could drink this on a regular basis but it is nice if you’re looking for something different.

So try and stay cool beer friend in the summer heat.

FourBoysBrewPub!

1 comment: