Friday, April 2, 2010

Highland Brewing Co - Gaelic Ale

So it’s Good Friday….well I don’t know about you but I thought all Friday’s were good. I made the best of my day off, I went hiking at Sprewell Bluff on the Flint River in Thomaston GA today and it was awesome. Then to finish my day off I grilled some chicken quarters and drank some beer, Yuengling to be exact. If only these people would realize to joy of beer, they might be a little less angry.


Today on this Friday I bring you a beer from another great hiking spot, Ashville, NC. and Highland Brewing Co’s Gaelic Ale.

It pours a very nice ruby brown with a thick beige head. It smells of roasted malts with just a hint of hops, very well balanced I must say. The taste is also very well balanced, malty sweetness at the beginning followed by some light hop flavors, which is also why I prefer amber ale over pale ale any day, not a big fan of big hops in my beer. To me, malts and how they are roasted and used is what makes a beer, anybody can add tons of hops. I like my beer just a little on the malty side and this fits that bill perfect.

So, I hope everyone else had a Good Friday and will also have a Happy Easter. Cheers and relax, springtime is here and the Masters and the Braves start next week, life is good is I don’t say so myself.

FourBoysBrewPub!

No comments:

Post a Comment