Friday, May 7, 2010

Rye Pale Ale - Terrapin Beer Co

Ok, so with Cinco de Mayo behind us, I wanted to try and find a good beer for this week’s ‘real’ review. So while surfing the web on my BlackBerry as I got my oil changed in the car, I see this at one of my many blogs I follow. Interestingly enough, I don’t drink much from this brewer and I’m not exactly sure why, when I have had it on draft it has been good and it hails from the ‘Classic City’ (Athens, GA for those of you not in the know) so it is considered a local brew for me. Maybe it is something about the turtle that throws me off who knows, but this week I will dedicate at least some time for this beer and brewery.


Rye Pale Ale – Terrapin Beer Co. Athens, GA

Looks good in that Georgia glass don’t it? I just had to use that since the beer was brewed right there in Athens, GA, home to the DAWGS. Pours a nice translucent gold with a nice thick dense head, I was even able to float the bottle cap on it for a few seconds. Don’t ask me what made me try it, I just looked at how dense the head was and the Sam Adams commercial popped in my head so I did it, pretty cool, hope I didn’t taint the beer though. It definitely has some hop scents going on, almost as much as an IPA, nice and fresh smelling. The taste gives a ever so slightly sweetness at the front end then follows nicely with the hops but not nearly as much as the scent might lead you to think it would have. It has a nice medium mouthfeel that makes it an easy drink. Why I don’t drink this beer or others from this brewery is beyond me, maybe I should start.

Well, its Friday night, not raining so that means fire up the grill (I do it even if it is raining). I’m going to try something new tonight, I’m grilling pizza. Grilling is kind of like beer to me, I’ll try anything once. I’m going to start with a store bought pizza first, then if that goes well I will try to make one from scratch, wish me luck beer friend. Cheers!

FourBoysBrewPub!

No comments:

Post a Comment